With an elegant style, but without losing the adventurous spirit that characterizes it, the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L arrived on the local market equipped with high technology and more space inside.
This sport utility vehicle (SUV) is the first of the line with three rows of seats, managing to accommodate up to seven passengers, which makes it an attractive one for families .
With a completely revamped exterior, the Jeep Grand Cherokee L is available in four trims: Laredo Altitude, Limited, Overland, and Summit. The initial sale price is $ 45,995.
“The thing that stands out to me about this bus is the combination of the civilized with the wild part. You have a luxury product with all the accessories that such a car has, but you also take it out into the mountains on stones and sand and it handles as if nothing had happened here. Being able to offer this is an extraordinary value ” , Ricardo García, general manager of FCA Caribbean , told El Nuevo Día.
The technological bet of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L includes, among other functions, a camera system designed to prevent accidents, as well as a system that alerts the driver in case he is falling asleep.
The main attractions of the vehicle also include a massage system in the seats.
“Everything that arrives is sold”
Although Puerto Rico is receiving units of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, Garcia acknowledged that inventory is limited due to a shortage of new cars worldwide.
“We have the inventory, but we are suffering like any other manufacturer from the point of view of computer chips. Everything that arrives is sold. Inventory levels are extremely finite and dealers have around 15 days of inventory, when normally they should have 60 to 90 days ” , said the also president of the United Group of Car Importers (GUIA).
Customers can order their vehicle from a Jeep dealer, but Garcia cautioned that arrival could take longer than normal. The launch of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L coincides with the celebration of the brand’s 80th anniversary.
Here what you should know about this vehicle:
- The exterior design of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L was completely redesigned. For example, the iconic Jeep grille is larger to give the unit roominess.
- The bus has three rows of seats with details made by hand. The seats can be adjusted in 16 different ways and offer five types of massage in three speeds.
- It has a 10.1-inch touch screen that uses the new UConnect 5 system, which works five times faster than the previous version.
- A 4G Wi-Fi access point is available to connect up to eight devices, six USB ports, a digital rear-view mirror, and a head-up display that can be customized to the driver’s profile.
- It includes an interior camera for monitoring the rear seats, better known as a “family cam”.
- It has a 19-speaker, 960-watt McIntosh audio system.
- It has more than 110 safety features, including a system that helps the driver stay in his lane through sensors, including radars and cameras.
- It includes a 360-degree camera with a “night vision camera” that can detect animals and people at a distance of 100 meters.
- It has a system to detect approaching vehicles from the front and side, which applies emergency braking in the event of a possible impact.
- It is able to use the camera to identify traffic signs, such as speed limit or school zone signs.
- It offers up to five driving modes that adjust to the conditions of the terrain.
- Models are available with two types of eight-speed automatic transmission engines.
- It disconnects from the front axle to save fuel and the 4 × 4 reactivates when the vehicle deems it necessary.